people need to understand that some people just don’t like talking it has nothing to do with u so don’t take it personally like some people just aren’t talkers and they’ll probably never text u first or initiate a conversation and it’s not because they don’t like u it’s just that they don’t think to say anything bc they’re comfortable with not saying anything
Friday, August 1st, 8:00pm, David Pecaut Square: Chocolat (2000)
Sunday, August 3rd, 8:30pm, Riverdale Park: The Neverending Story (1984)
Sunday, August 3rd, 7:30pm, Christie Pitts Park: Twister (1996)
Tuesday, August 5th, 7:30pm, Fort York: Jurassic Park (1993)
Tuesday, August 5th, 8:30pm, Yonge & Dundas Square: The Italian Job (1969)
Wednesday, August 6th, 9:00pm, David Pecaut Square: Pina (2011)
Wednesday, August 6th, 9:00pm, Harbourfront: Kissing Jessica Stein (2001)
Wednesday, August 6th, 9:00pm, Daniels Spectrum: Short Term 12 (2013)
Friday, August 8th, 8:30pm, St. Peter’s Church: I Confess (1953)
Sunday, August 10th, 7:30pm, Christie Pitts Park: Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
Tuesday, August 12th, 7:30pm, Fort York: The Breakfast Club (1985)
Wednesday, August 13th, 8:30pm, David Pecaut Square: A Star is Born (1954)
Wednesday, August 13th, 9:00pm, Harbourfront: In A World… (2013)
Wednesday, August 13th, 9:00pm, Daniels Spectum: Mooz-Lum (2010)
Tuesday, August 19th, 7:30pm, Fort York: Ghostbusters (1984)
Wednesday, August 20th, 8:30pm, David Pecaut Square: Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988)
Wednesday, August 20th, 8:30pm, Harbourfront: Funny Girl (1968)
Wednesday, August 20th, 9:00pm, Daniels Spectrum: Made In America (2013)
Friday, August 22nd, 8:30pm, St. Peter’s Church: The Lego Movie (2013)
Tuesday, August 26th, 7:30pm, Fort York: The Amazing Spiderman 2 (2014)
Wednesday, August 27th, 8:30pm, David Pecaut Square: Pitch Perfect (2012)
Thursday, August 28th, 9:00pm, St. James Park: The Philadelphia Story (1940)
Submitted by editit.tumblr.com
50% of my jokes are self deprecating and 50% are self congratulatory like i’ll say “wow its hot in here…. just like me” and 5 seconds later point at a trash can and say “me”
Tutorial: how to make organized notes.
- Read the objectives of the lecture. If there aren’t any, flip through the lecture slides and make an outline. This puts into perspective what you need to be learning and what you should get out of this lecture.
- Skim the book to get familiar with how the information is divided compared to your outline or objectives. While doing this, you’ll figure out whether or not you need the extra details from the book. Sometimes the lecture is enough and you could keep the textbook just as a reference to things you don’t get.
- Write down the first objective and flip to the page in the book that has the information pertaining to that objective. Read the lecture slide then refer to the book for details.
- Combine your lecture notes with the textbook information. Do this by rewriting the information in your own words and try to be as concise as possible.
- Keep doing this for every objective. Paste things if it helps.
- Make sure that you’re not just copying information. Use visual aids as much as possible. Put the information in a table, flowchart, diagram, etc.. (refer to this post to see how I make my flowcharts).
- When you’re done with all your objectives, go through the lecture and your notes to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
General tips on how to keep them organized:
- Be systemic. Making objective-oriented notes is one way to do that.
- Use two (or more colors). Color-coding information helps me remember it + it doesn’t look that bad.
- Section your objectives according to the topic. Then make sure that when you’re writing out the information, it’s in a sequence that’s understandable.
Disclaimer: this is the way I’ve been making my notes since I started med school. By no means am I claiming it’s perfect or that everybody should follow it.
Hope this helps and as always, happy studying :)
shout out to all of the custodians, cooks, garbage truck drivers, cafeteria workers, bus drivers, waiters, and every one else whose jobs and entire fucking existences get shit on by the same people who wouldn’t know what to do with their lives if they had to do anything for themselves